On 31st March 2021, Encryption Europe invites experts from Fair&Smart and Lybero to discuss how three crucial components will interact to protect the future of Europe: Encryption, the Cloud, and the GDPR.
The future is not as unpredictable as we may think. We know that the future of Europe relies on our capacity to innovate and keep innovation at home. We also know that people and businesses in Europe will care about the privacy and protection of their valuable data. And that cloud providers will play a crucial role in hosting our data at scale and cost-effectively.
For all these reasons, we can safely say that our data will be processed in the cloud, under the legal safeguard of the GDPR, and enforced by strong encryption without backdoors. But there will be challenges for all organizations: from a technical point of view, how to handle encryption keys? how to handle backups and restoration? Is it compatible with web applications? And from a legal point of view: will our current processes and practices compatible with GDPR? how to protect data while allowing internal and external controls?
Join us to understand why and how, in practical terms, Europe will combine two technologies and one regulatory framework to create a magic combination to protect our future!
- Keynote delivered by Arnaud Laprêvote, founder and CEO of Lybero.
- Roundtable with experts:
- Eric Bedell, Chief Privacy Officer - Franklin Templeton;
- Xavier Lefevre, CEO - Fair&Smart;
- Christophe Buschmann, Commissioner - CNPD;
- Arnaud Laprévote, founder and CEO - Lybero;
- moderated by Jean-Christophe Le Toquin, Encryption Europe coordinator.
- March 31, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:00AM (CET)